Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back to School!

It's been ages since I stepped inside a classroom and take on the role of a student. For the past five years, I have, most of the time, worn the educator hat as a Trainer then went on mentoring teams of Trainers myself.

Strategic Training & Development class, Mar-Apr 2011

However, the student in me thirsted for new knowledge and I started searching online and found out that a diploma course in Training Development and Management is being offered in De La Salle-College of St. Benilde. They have a post-graduate program called SPaCE (School for Professional and Continuing Education) that provides learning opportunities for individuals who are already in the workforce. It was my best bet as the classes are offered on Saturdays. The courses were a little pricey but good thing my boss and my company graciously offered to pay for the first module (thanks, Arvato!). Yes, it put a damper in my social life for a bit but for stuff that can make me smarter (I hope), I'm willing to make the sacrifice. ;D

I took the first module in the Training Development and Management program, which is Strategic Training & Development. The introductory module ran for five Saturdays and was facilitated by the current Vice President for Training & Development of PLDT, Mr. Alexander 'Deng' Kibanoff. There were 12 of us in the group; coming from such diverse backgrounds such as pharmaceutical, optics manufacturing, telecommunications, the academe, the government and of course, the BPO industry.

I had so much fun and learned a lot! Now I'm just 5 modules (and a few thousand pesos) away from getting a diploma in Training Development and Management. Yay! :D


One of the class activities

And another activity. :)

My class manual! :D

The lobby of DLS-CSB School of Design campus in P. Ocampo, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment