Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roost Relaxation: Home Service Massage from Islands Massage Mobile & Day Spa

I'm huge fan of massages. It is said that having an hour of massage is equivalent to 8 hours of sleep. I'm also a huge fan of sleeping. But I won't say no to a good sixty minutes of relaxation. ;)

I've tried several spa and massage establishments and wrote a couple of feedback posts (Mont Albo and Pearlsacho). But when Vin and I found ourselves at home, awake at 1:00am, I've thought of trying a home-service massage, for the first time.

Photo from Islands Massage Mobile and Day Spa website


Spot.ph published a great article on home-service spas and I immediately scanned for a 24/7 place that I could call in the wee hours of the night. Islands Massage Mobile and Day Spa caught my eye because one, they charge pretty cheap for a home-service massage (only PhP250.00 for a 60-minute massage and you can take a pick from Swedish, Shiatsu, Chi Nei Tsang, Refelexology, Pre-Natal, Authentic Thai, or Combo) and two, the posted comments about Islands on the article were generally good.

Let's get to the scorecard:

   + The girl who took my call was efficient, asked for my details swiftly and without much ado.

   - Unfortunately, she lost my information sometime between putting down the phone and me calling again an hour later, asking why the therapists haven't showed up yet. We had to reschedule 40mins later than my original appointment.

   + The therapists arrived within 15 minutes after my second call, dressed in navy-blue scrubs, white canvas shoes and hair neatly in place. No socks though. (They're stepping on my bed!) :(

   - I requested for extra towels ('coz I don't want to add massage-oiled towels to my laundry load) which they didn't bring because the girl who booked my appointment didn't inform them. Grrr... Nakaka-two points na yun sakin ha. ;D

   ++ The two female therapists were really great (hence the two + signs). Vin and I chose the Swedish massage. Ate  Mel, my therapist (yes, we share a name!) used sure, even strokes without being painful and kneaded out my knotted muscles. Even the pinched nerve in my injured left foot from Cebu that I've been suffering from for the past 4 weeks is now gone! I'll request for her again next time. :)

   + Our therapists didn't chit-chat the whole hour and made sure to switch their mobile phones to silent mode.

   + The price was certainly a good deal for a no-frills, satisfying massage. You can request for scented oils for extra charge and download spa music too, which I did, if you want to amp up the at-home-relaxation experience. ;D

Even after all the blunders, I will definitely give Islands Massage a try again. And make damn sure they write my info and additional request down then have it repeated back, twice! ;D



Islands Massage Mobile & Day Spa
1764 Nicanor Garcia St, Barangay Valenzuela, Makati City
Call (02)899-0338 for walk-in or home service appointments (Makati, Ortigas, Malate and Mandaluyong areas only)
http://www.islandsmassage.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Islands-Massage-Mobile-Day-Spa/137671836861

No comments:

Post a Comment